Dr Yusuf Abdul-Jobbar
Dr Yusuf Abdul-Jobbar
Research Scholar in Islamic Banking and Finance
Dr Abdul-Jobbar is an academic with over 15 years of experience and is currently a visiting lecturer at the Knowledge International University (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia). He is a Certified Shari’ah Advisor & Auditor who has authored books, written journal articles, hosted and presented at many conferences around the world. Dr Yusuf Abdul-Jobbar is an Imam & Scholar who lecturers internationally and has taught classes in Masjid An-Nabawi – Madinah (Islam’s second holiest mosque & centre of learning).
- Visiting Lecturer, Knowledge International University (KIU), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Independent International Shari’ah Scholar, Auditor & Advisor
- Consultant, Islamic Development Bank (IRTI division), Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Program Director & Lecturer, College of the Prophets(saw) Masjid, Masjid An- Nabawi, Madinah, Saudi Arabia
- Head of Programs & Lecturer, Islamic University of Madinah, Madinah, Saudi Arabia
Doctor of Philosophy, Education, Research & Community Service. Salford University / Warnborough, Ireland, UK.
MBA Postgraduate Certificate. Leicester University, UK.
BSc Computer Science. University of the West of England, UK.
- Characteristics of the Muslim Businessman. 101Visions Academy, London, UK (May 2017)
- Lessons for Europe: Experiences from the UK Islamic Banking Sector. Islamic Finance Network Magazine. (Jan 2017).
- Vision, Mission and Values of a Believer. Ar-Raiyan Global Network
Inspiring Muslim Entrepreneurship, Malaysia (Jan 2017).
- Leadership Series – Goal setting (Arabic). Zeej Printing Press, Madinah, Saudi Arabia (Jan 2017)
- Traffic Monsoon Online Advertising Business (Feb. 2016). Islamic Finance fatwa translation for Mufti Dr. Raashid Ar Ruhaily. Madinah, Saudi Arabia
- Islamic Microfinance: Shari’ah Scholars need to give more and take less. Presented on 20th April 2016, Effat University, Jeddah, KSA.
- Regulatory Challenges – Islamic Banking in Germany. Islamic Finance Network Magazine. (Jan 2016).
- Online Advertising Businesses (Nov. 2015). Islamic Finance fatwa translation for Dr. Shaykh Sami Suwailem. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- HRM – A closer look at labour localization. World Business Institute, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. (2012)
Research and Teaching Interests
- Awaqf (Endowments & trusts)
• Ethics, Social and Moral Issues (Maqasid al-Shari’ah)
- Islamic Banking (Governance & Regulation)
- Islamic Finance Management & Leadership
• Islamic Microfinance and Entrepreneurship
• Shari’ah Complaint Home Financing