The National Islamic Studies Library
Job Description: Events Officer: Team Leader
The Team Leader is responsible for supervising the team and overseeing, managing, delivering and organising fundraising events for the Organisation.
- help identify, plan and manage a range of funraising campaigns and meet annual income targets by ensuring fundraising activities are undertaken at regular periods nationaly.
- explore new innovative fundraising opportunities, as well as more traditional events, exhibitions, conferences and fundraising dinners with the added aim of creating awareness of the project and donor relationships.
- Increase income generation/donations year on year,
- contribute towards fundraisiong strategy and growth.
- Increase donor interaction and acquisition e.g. social media engagement, and online donations post events.
- Develop, nurture and maintain relationships with current/potential donors, charity partners, organizations and businesses in the region, via networking (face to face and social media) and creating a regular presence within respected regions, in order to establish trust, help secure donations and promote awareness across a wide range of target markets.
- Establish clear lines of communications by being the main point of contact between local organisations and Ibn Rushd Centre of Excellence for Islamic Research.
- Manage various engaging fundraising projects/activities by arranging dinners, nasheed concerts, speaker tours and conferences.
- Manage and nurture a network of regional volunteers in line with the volunteer recruitment strategy by collaborating with the Volunteers, hosting recruitment events, providing training and to help develop volunteer recruitment process, provide a mutually beneficial volunteers program, and support to gain loyal organisational man power.
- Maintain internal procedures/administration such as donor management systems, account management systems, and cash counting protocols by ensuring information input securely in a timely fashion to help maintain internal control and mitigation of risk.
- Secure all income logs by ensuring they are filed correctly and that cash is bagged, sealed, tagged and banked in line with protocol to create and maintain funds, create an audit trail and maintain a failsafe for Ibn Rushd Centre.
- Adhere to the charities policies and procedures, e.g. fundraising code of conduct, Health & Safety at Work, Freedom of Information Act 2000, Data Protection Act 1998, Equal Opportunities, Company Handbook, Quality Management System, Investor in People, etc. at all times in order to maintain high professional standards and maintain Ibn Rushd Centre’s public image.
- Manage a team within fundraising when required and develop a strong fundraising portfolio to effectively lead and support in house FR team during events.
- Contribute towards the development, maintenance and delivery of annual fundraising plan by overseeing budgets and expenditure, monitoring and reporting on income generation in line with projects, reporting on variance and taking responsibility for achieving and exceeding income targets. All to deliver efficiency, value and FR targets.
- Take on board other duties in line and commensurate with FR strategy.
- Excellent skills in organisational management and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadline.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with individuals from various sectors and fields of practice.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with external stakeholders.
- Minimum of 2 years in similar post, proven track record of project and events management
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft Office, Social Media, Donor Management systems
Salary and Benefits
A competitive salary of between £30,189 – £39,609 per annum, subject to qualifications and experience.
How to apply Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and demonstrate a commitment to the aims and ethos of Ibn Rushd Centre of Excellence for Islamic Research. Applicants should submit a covering letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com
Deadline: 30th July 2023